Pulsar Futon Mattress by Otis Bed
- Product Type: Mattresses
- Manufacturer: Otis Bed
- MPN: 503
- Warranty: 10 Years
- Thickness: 8 Inch
- Mattress Construction: Foam, Memory Foam, Fiber
- Size: Eastern King, Full, Queen, Twin
- Batting: Medium
- Mattress Type: Futon Mattress
- Origin: USA
BENEFITS OF THE PULSAR:
This pressure management mattress is designed for undeniable comfort, individualized comfort, and lifetime durability. Instantaneously conforms to and supports the body regardless of the persons size or weight.
- Body Sensoring Viscoelastic VHD Memory Foam for pressure reducing motionless sleep and total body comfort.
- Absorbs body weight so there is no transfer of motion for undisturbed peaceful comfort
- Topically supple with the added bonus of moldable support and an extra firm base so you can never “bottom out!”
- Superior High Performance Quad Density foam construction.
- Non-Flip Mattress
The Pulsar futon mattress combines pressure sensing and heat reactive memory foam that provides the ideal level of support for virtually every use. This futon mattress is the epitome of comfort. The specialty Viscoelastic memory foam adjusts to relieve pressure and provide comfort where it’s needed most. A Burlington top fabric is used to enhance the soft feel of the Pulsar futon mattress without compromising the strength of this overstuffed futon mattress. In addition to its supple strength, this Burlington fabric resists microbes, mildew, and bacteria making. The Pulsar futon mattress spares no expense when providing you with the ultimate night’s sleep. It also creates a modest barrier between you and the viscoelastic foam that removes the more nuisance-like properties that some have discovered with visco-foam, such as pressure-point acute symptoms. This way, when the viscoelastic foam heats up the barrier layer soften’s the curve and provides a more subtle radius, removing the potential sharp edge curve that would otherwise be the case. This is truly a ground-breaking concept in design.
The Pulsar’s space age viscoelastic material is then enabled to do what it does in an even better way as it conforms to your body’s contours, increasing in give where it is warmed most by your body heat. This temperature sensitive material, in conjunction with the Pulsar’s barrier level, are they key ingredients to lulling you into the best night’s sleep you’ve had on any mattress. Combined with trademark Otis 3D box construction, the Pulsar futon mattress looks and feels better than any other! Order yours today and enjoy free shipping!
- For use with Platform Bed. Use on Bi-Fold is not recommended.
- 8″ thickness (14″ of overstuffed goods compressed to fit inside a 8″ border).
- 9″ of firm high quality convoluted 2 pound foam creates the firmest futon mattress in the Otis Bed line.
- 2 layers of polyester fiber batting allow the mattress to give ‘just a little’.
- Layers of Flame Retardant Rayon insures compliance with Federal Flammability Standard 16 CFR Part 1633.
- 100% polyester fabric (cream color) that breaths, stays cool and comfortable, and repels moisture.
- Machine tufting reduces the thickness of the mattress to lock in its good look and feel.
- Tape edge process insures a proper fit and finish of the mattress cover.
- Flip-able design. Feels the same on both sides.
- Compression packaged in a FedEx-able carton.
- Durability: 10-12+ Years, designed for everyday use.
- 10 Year Limited Warranty against manufacturers defects.
- Custom sizes are available, but exclusively for use on a solid flat surface.
Futon Grip Strips are highly recommend
Key Value Messages from Otis Futons
Comfortable – to be as comfy, if not more so than traditional upholstered sofas when being used as a couch. Also, to be flexible and conformable so as not to cause painful, unhealthy pressure points *(which affect circulation to joints and surrounding tissue) for the occasional or every night sleeper. “As a supplier of pressure management therapy mattresses to the health care industry, we feel uniquely qualified to present mattress constructions with these claims.”
Durable – While nothing lasts forever, this futon mattress is engineered to keep its shape and resist change in firmness on the edge and other critical sitting and sleeping areas better than any cotton based futon mattress construction.
More resilient top quality cushioning materials.
IMPORTANT TO KNOW WHEN TALKING ABOUT THICKNESS..
Thickness can be a relative term in the mattress industry! Normally, when someone says this mattress is 8″…it is 8″thick, or if they say it’s 10″…you expect to see a ten-inch mattress, not some rounded mattress that is guessed to be about 10″ thick basically for marketing purposes only! The only true way to decipher the actual thickness of the mattress is to have a measurable border material (or a boxed edge, like a traditional mattress does). All of our futon mattresses are bench built and are made with a boxed corner and are tape-edged. The bonus is that the “thickness” of the futon is easily deciphered, and it leaves the mattress with a clean tailored look for many years. More important than the quoted thickness of the mattress, is the quality of the inside ingredients of the mattress.
Why More Foam Than Cotton Is Critical
Simply put, foam is able to retain its shape and feel when repeatedly compressed while cotton fibre does not. Foam is a flexible solid that will come back to its original shape after being compressed time after time. Cotton batting is not a unified whole, but an arrangement of individual fibers. Once the fibers are compressed together there is nothing to bring them back to their original, separate locations when the weight is removed. This fact results in cotton batting becoming thinner and harder wherever it is being compressed on a regular basis.
We trust the materials that go into each of our mattresses. so much so, that each mattress is compressed and packaged in a box 1/4th its size. Our mattresses are filled with comfortable materials that retain their shape for years. The way we package it proves it.
“This futon mattress is UPS-able; finally, shipping is made easy!”
- Twin (39″ x 75″)
- Full (54″ x 75″)
- Queen (60″ x 80″)
- King (78″ x 80″)